Background

9.2.06- I ran my first 5k coming off of basically no kind of training at all in 19:48 at the Brookhaven Run in Norman, OK...After that race, I just got the itch to start working harder.

Spring of '08- I ran a 16:55 5k, 4:22 for 1500m and 4:40 for the mile on a road course. (Not stellar, but improvements)

In the span of 1.5 years of training I have knocked off almost 3 minutes in the 5k.

This Blog is simply a documentary of what I have done thus far in running and what I am doing currently...I am no elite distance runner, I am a former sprinter with PR's of 39.04 in the 300 hurdles and a 10.7 100m. My goal is to break 4:00 in the 1500 and see how close I can get to the 4:00 mile after that. Will it ever happen? I couldn't tell you for sure, but I will do everything within my power to get as close as I can. If you have comments or suggestions feel free. Thanks for visiting!

DF

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Easy on Hog's Head


This morning Aaron Hibbitts and I got up and ran an easy 9 miles on what I like to call Hog's Head road (dead wild hog on the side of the road). It was about 61 degrees and breezy which was nice to get a break from the terrible wind we've had. We took it easy in hopes to run a descent time in the Dean Kelley 10k this upcoming weekend. I am not sure what I will have in my legs considering this will be around an 85 mile week for me, which is as high as I have gone thus far. I am hoping to get some video footage of the race this weekend and will post it if I do...here is a picture of Hog's Head:

No comments: